U. S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- FNS addressed reporting for pandemic EBT and SNAP Emergency allotments with a Question and Answers publication. (May 1, 2020)
- FNS posted guidance on reporting COVID-19 Health Emergency Data. (May 1, 2020)
- On April 30, 2020, the FNS provided a Blanket Quality Control Waiver for March, April, May 2020.
- FNS released Additional Food Purchase Plans for The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) and Other Programs.
- The White House Administration released an executive order under the Defense Production Act (DPA) to ensure meat and poultry processors continue operating during COVID-19 pandemic.(April 28, 2020)
- Rural Utilities Service (RUS) modifies water and environmental provisions for the 2018 Farm Bill. This rule will be effective April 27, 2020 and will impact the following programs: Technical Assistance and Training, Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants, Household Water Well System Grants, and Rural Alaskan Village grants.
- The Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued a notice on April 21,2020 that provides flexibility for Community Facilities Direct Loan Program. Beginning immediately through September 30, 2020, payments may be deferred for up to one year for borrowers that are unable to make payments of principal and interest due to COVID-19.
- As of April 2020, USDA Office of Inspector General (OIG) has issued a plan for COVID-19 spending oversight
- USDA Announced a Coronavirus Food Assistance Program on April 17, 2020. The program comprises direct support to farmers and purchase of meat, dairy, and produce for distribution to food banks and other organizations.
- (USDA FNS) has released a COVID-19 webpage with resources and actions to respond to COVID-19.
- On April 13, 2020 the USDA Unveils Tool to Help Rural Communities Address the COVID-19 Pandemic. The USDA’s COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide lists Federal programs that can help rural communities, organizations and residents impacted by COVID-19.
- Additional Nationwide Flexibilities for Food Programs
- On March 24, 2020 USDA issued a fraud alert, Flags Scams Targeting SNAP
Food and Nutrition Service (FNS)
- On May 7, 2020, the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) published a “Feeding Kids When Schools are Closed” handout, The handout conveys information about the child nutrition program meal service options available during the public health emergency.
- FNS released guidance on the requirements for retailers in providing online services to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) households.
- FNS provides updates to various COVID-19 FAQs (May 21, 2020).
- FNS provides SNAP COVID-19 Emergency Allotments Guidance on granted waivers by state (April 24, 2020).
- Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Extended Benefits Issuance Waivers. FNS is allowing WIC state agencies to issue up to four months of benefits on EBT cards at one time, to reduce the need for contact with WIC staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, FNS is allowing states to apply for a waiver of WIC minimum stock requirements.
- Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) has recently published and organized Questions and Answers for State Agencies Responding to COVID-19, categorized by major program.
- FNS releases state guidance on Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)
- FNS released the 2020 Total Food and Administrative TEFAP Allocation Worksheet (April 17, 2020).
- Waivers of Monitoring Requirements
- Recent update from April 01, 2020: FNS waives 60 day claims for reimbursement deadlines.
- Child Nutrition
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
For general information and updates, please refer to Coronavirus.gov as the source for the latest information about COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, and answers to common questions.