HUD recently published guidance on the HUD COVID-19 information page for allowable costs for the following grants programs during COVID-19 pandemic:
- HUD awarded the first round of CARES Act funding for tenant-based rental assistance. The $380 million awarded to public housing authorities (PHA) will be utilized to pay for administrative fees related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Guidance for PHAs can be found here (May 5, 2020).
- HUD issued a memo on flexibilities for the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) program and the Housing Opportunities of Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, HUD also advised applicants to submit an amendment to their action plan to help expedite the process in receiving CARES Act funds.
- The Administration published a COVID-19 mortgage and housing assistance website.
- The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) allocated an additional $1 Million in CARES Act funding. This additional funding will prioritize vulnerable communities, according to the CDBG-CV allocation table, Arizona was awarded $18,095,491.
- HUD’s Office of Community Planning and Developments (CPD) posted a spreadsheet containing all CARES Act grants funding for their formula programs as of May 11, 2020.
- HUD issued a memo waiving reporting requirements in response to COVID-19 for the Community Planning and Development grant programs.
- HUD hosted a webinar on submitting CARES Act grant amendments to HUD for multiple formula grant programs.
- HUD released information on changes to Coordinated Entry Prioritization in response to COVID-19.
- HUD released a fact sheet on additional relief funds for the Public Housing Operating Fund lists allowable expenses as basic guidance. (May 1, 2020)
- HUD issued FAQs for the HOME Investment Partnership Program identifying HOME as a covered housing program in the CARES Act. (May 1, 2020).
- The Office of Public and Indian Housing issued guidance with notice PIH-2020-08 on HCV Program administrative fees on funding methodology and eligible expenses for CARES Act funding. (May 1, 2020)
- HUD issues notice providing guidance on the utilization of Supplemental Public Housing Operating funding provided by the CARES Act (April 28, 2020).
- HUD posts HOME Program COVID-19 Response webinar from April 20, 2020.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity issued a notice on the Fair Housing Assistance Program (FHAP) COVID-19 Funds, including details regarding eligibility and application procedures.
- HUD’s Continuum of Care (CoC) program releases process to expedite grant agreement amendments in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Waivers issued by HUD on April 10, 2020 for Public and Indian Housing Programs. The waivers apply to the Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), Indian Housing Block Grant, and Indian CDBG programs.
- Two additional waivers issued by HUD for the HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME). One memorandum enables participating jurisdictions to use HOME tenant-based rental assistance funds more flexibly, while the second waives program requirements.
- On April 10, 2020, HUD issued updated implementation of payment relief for multifamily mortgages.
- An updated memorandum was issued by HUD on April 09, 2020: guidelines on flexibilities for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds.
- Newly released FAQs document provides questions and answers on Section 108 Debt Relief, describing actions that can be taken by HUD and communities to assist business borrowers experiencing economic distress as a result of coronavirus.
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Continuum of Care (CoC) Administrative Funds
- CoCs COVID-19 HMIS Setup and Data Sharing Practices
- Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG)
- ESG Emergency Solutions Grants Program Interim Regulations
- HUD issued Guidance on 2020 Census Efforts to Count the Homeless During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
Grantees and Infectious Disease Resources for Homeless Providers, please see below for direct links.